Health & Safety Compliance and Risk Reduction for Hospitality Businesses
Health & Safety Compliance and Risk Reduction
The hotel and tourism industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the Caribbean, and is renowned for its stunning and remote tropical coastal locations. Due to the characteristics of these locations, hospitality businesses are often the most exposed to external hazards, such as hurricanes, floods, landslides and disease epidemics (Dengue fever, Chikungunya and Zika). Internal hazards such as poor food safety and infection control practices also pose a risk to businesses.
Most recently the risk of the spread of COVID-19 predominates the industry and it is imperative that hospitality businesses undertake a COVID-19 Risk Assessment and implement the recommendations provided to prevent and control this disease.
A critical part of every manager/supervisor’s responsibility is to reduce the likelihood of all significant hazards and reduce the risk of staff and guests coming to harm, damage to the property, or damage to the reputation and economic performance of the business.
Many managers can be overwhelmed by this responsibility and are unsure of where to start. Springboard Caribbean, the strategic educational partner of the CHTA, delivers a series of workshops and professional certifications to build capacity and provide hospitality businesses with the knowledge, skills and tools to effectively address and reduce the impact of hazards. The systems and frameworks taught in Springboard’s workshops help hospitality businesses achieve important regulatory compliance in a structured and practical manner.
- Natural Disaster Risk Assessment for the Hospitality Industry
- HACCP Certification and Implementation
- Food Safety, Sanitation Standards and HACCP Awareness
- Preventing and Controlling the Spread of Infection
- Getting Ready for GDPR in the Hotel and Tourism Industry
- Train the Trainer – Preventing and Controlling the Spread of Infection (Includes COVID-19 measures)
- Train the Trainer – Food Safety, Sanitation Standards and HACCP Awareness
- Train the Trainer – Implementing Health & Safety Management Systems (includes COVID-19 Risk Assessment)